A new story published
Happy to share that my story, “The New Moon in the Old Moon’s Arms,” has just been
published in Big City Lit, a wonderful literary journal based in New York.
Check it out here:
Busara Road is now available on:
and through your local bookstore!
Busara Road wins Nautilus Book Award Gold Medal, and more!
- Busara Road, the novel, has won the Nautilus Book Award Gold Medal for small-press publication!
- Busara Road, the novel, has been named a Finalist for the:
- American Fiction Awards, Best New Fiction and General Fiction categories
- Screencraft Cinematic Book Competition
- Eric Hoffer Book Award Montaigne Medal
- Eric Hoffer Book Award in General Fiction
- Busara Road, the screenplay, has been named a Semi-Finalist for the:
- Cinequest Screenwriting Competition
- Filmatic Drama Screenplay Awards
- Rhode Island International Film Festival Screenplay Competition
- Busara Road, the screenplay, has also been named:
- Quarter-Finalist in the Los Angeles International Screenplay Awards Competition
- One of the Final 35 in the UK Film Festival Script Competition
- One of The Top 100 in the Table Read My Screenplay 2020 Screenplay Competition
- Award Winner, Script category, in the Writer’s Digest 89th Annual Writing Competition
- Many thanks to all involved in these competitions!
Hollywood? Take Note!
My novel, Busara Road, has been named a Quarter-Finalist in the Screencraft Cinematic Book Competition, AND my screenplay based on the novel has been named a Semi-Finalists in the Cinequest Screenplay Competition. Still in the running….Thanks, Screencraft and Cinequest!
Must Read Fiction says Busara Road is a must-read!
The wonderful “Must Read Fiction,” a website and community of passionate readers hosted by the equally wonderful Erin Popelka, has featured me in an author interview.
In the interview I talk a bit about my new novel, Busara Road, and I tell some stories about the long and fraught process of bringing it to life. Erin even gets me to reveal my troubadour past playing cello and juggling on the streets of 1980s San Francisco!
Check out the interview – and watch me struggle to draw connections between juggling and novel-writing.
Many thanks to all who braved storm threats
to join me at Narberth Bookshop on May 30, 2019,
for a reading from Busara Road.
And a special thanks to that fabulous bookstore
family for making me feel so welcome!
Here’s a link to some photos:
Had fun representing New Door Books
and reading from Busara Road at the
Fairmount Arts Festival! April 28, 2019.
Lift-off! Had a wonderful book launch for
Busara Road at Head House Books in Philadelphia,
with a great party afterward at Mustard Greens
restaurant. Many thanks to all who made it such
a great event! April 7, 2019